Health and Safety
1. Employer responsibility
- It is the policy of Spotlight Photo Events Ltd to take all reasonable steps to ensure the health and safety at work of all employees and third parties, and to take all necessary steps to implement such a policy.
- Employees also have a duty to co-operate with Spotlight Photo Events Ltd to ensure that this policy is effective and to offer all necessary assistance to ensure the health and safety at any event.
- Spotlight Photo Events Ltd also has a responsibility to ensure the health and safety of others that may be affected by the work activity and reasonable steps will be taken by all concerned to ensure that this duty is observed.
- The attention of all employees is drawn to the safety rules and procedures. Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee who violates these rules and procedures.
- Spotlight Photo Events Ltd will consult with the employees periodically to ascertain what measures should be taken to increase awareness of health and safety and to ensure that all necessary measures are taken to make this policy effective.
- Spotlight Photo Events Ltd will take such measures as may be necessary to ensure proper training, supervision and instructions of all employees in matters pertaining to their health and safety and the health and safety of others and to provide any necessary information.
2. Personnel Responsible for Health and Safety
- The person having overall responsibility for health and safety will be Mark James, the Health and Safety Supervisor of Spotlight Photo Events Ltd
- Workplaces will be kept clean and tidy with rubbish and discarded materials placed in the receptacles provided. All materials will be properly and safely used and when not in use, properly and safely secured. Care will be taken to ensure that the work place is not hazardous either to employees or to third parties, including, but not limited to, trespassers.
- Employees will ensure that they are familiar with the position of the nearest fire-fighting equipment, alarms and emergency exits. Employees are asked to use electric fires and other heaters (if and where permitted, such as outdoor events) with caution and to keep flammable materials, in particular paper, away from sources of heat. Employees will report any faulty electric cable or flex, to Spotlight Photo Events Ltd, immediately.
- Employees should be fully aware of the nearest fire exit and assembly points. Employees will leave the building quickly and in an orderly fashion following the correct route in event of an emergency.
- Employees will report any equipment in a dangerous or worn condition to Spotlight Photo Events Ltd, immediately. All electrical equipment, which does not require continuous operation, will be switched off when not in use. Spotlight Photo Events Ltd will never use equipment, which is suspected to be faulty, or where the cable or flex is damaged or connections are loose. Any faults should be immediately reported to the Spotlight Photo Events Ltd
- Employees will not attempt to repair or interfere with electrical equipment or wiring themselves, and should not use dual or other socket outlets unless these have been properly authorised.
- Employees will ensure that cables and wires will not trail across the floor where people may be passing, unless a covering is provided.
Alcohol and Drugs
- No alcoholic liquor or drugs (other than those prescribed by a registered medical practitioner and which do not affect the employee's ability safely to undertake his/her duties) must be brought onto, used or consumed at any event. Spotlight Photo Events Ltd will suspend any employee who, in the opinion of Spotlight Photo Events Ltd, is under the influence of drugs or alcoholic liquor and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the employee's under the terms of Spotlight Photo Events Ltd's disciplinary procedure.
Accident or illness at work
- Any accident occurring should be reported to Spotlight Photo Events Ltd. It is important that all injuries however slight should be reported.
- In an emergency, if speed is considered essential, an ambulance will be called.
- Employees will not engage in any horseplay or misuse any equipment. Any employee who fails to follow this rule will be subject to disciplinary action under Spotlight Photo Events Ltd's disciplinary procedure.
- Employees will remain alert and report any practices they observe which in their opinion could constitute a hazard to themselves or third parties. Where additional rules are issued to employees s in relation to machinery or operations that they carry out, these additional rules will be carefully complied with.
- Employees will take particular care when visiting or working temporarily in other work places where they may not be conversant with the health and safety rules.