Keeping your personal information safe and secure is one of our top priorities and Spotlight Photo Events Ltd, follows the best practice and guidelines of the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which commenced on 25 May 2018, 'Personal Data' will be defined as any information related to a natural person or ‘Data Subject’, that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person. It can be anything from a name, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, medical information, or a computer IP address.
The changes don’t alter what we use your personal information for, but make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information. Your personal information and images are an important part of our service. For instance, it lets us provide our photo products to you.
How does Spotlight Photo Events Ltd use your data?
Order and enquiry data
- Personal data from online orders and enquiries, is held directly via our trusted third party supplier for this website 'Photodeck'.1
- Spotlight Photo Events, does not use any third party suppliers to fulfil customer orders. Orders are managed internally.
- Spotlight Photo Events, does not store or hold any customer personal data.
- Spotlight Photo Events does not use any personal data stored via 'Photodeck' for any marketing communication purposes. We do not send out any unsolicited mailings via postal or digital means.
- When an online photo order is completed, the personal data is only used to post or email the images to the customer.
- Transactional data for online orders is processed directly via the official 'Paypal' website2. Spotlight Photo Events, does not store or hold personal or transactional data.
- No personal transaction/card details are recorded by our website provider 'Photodeck' or by Spotlight Photo Events Ltd.
- Photo images at events are held securely on password protected computers.
- Photo images are backed up for upto three years on external hard drives and held in a locked and secure environment.
- Photo images that are uploaded to our website gallery are protected with 'Watermarks' to identify any illegal copyright infringement and use. Some galleries, particularly those with children, may be password protected, inline with our child protection policy.
- Spotlight Photo Events Ltd does not use any facial recognition software to attribute any personal data information to any person(s) within an image.
- In line with our standard terms and conditions, if a customer is unhappy with a particular photograph being published on this website, they must notify Spotlight Photo Events Ltd in writing (by email) and the image will be removed as soon as possible.
Third party website Privacy Policies
For further details on the Data Protection Act (DPA) & the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please click on the following links